Monday, February 27, 2017

3d printed phone case

So I got a new phone this month, a Lenovo P2. The phone is epic, you can google it, this is not a tech spec post. The only problem I had was with finding decent phone cases. Since this is a very recent model and not really flagship, only a few case makers are catering to it.

So i turned to 3d printing. Found a template for it on my first google search - made by Marijn van den Heuvel and available at https://grabcad.com/library/lenovo-p2-case-1

I downloaded the stl file and took it to Blender.. I needed something quick and simple, so I could print a test quickly and see if the case fit correctly.



This Bible verse has been one of my favorites for a long time ..
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

Vincent has set up his maker space at the Falana Films studio, and printed this out on his Makerbot.. In dual color! I left the color selection to him and was quite satisfied with the results -
on the printer..

 after some cleaning and sanding..


and here it is on the phone, a pretty clean snug fit.


A post shared by chaitanya krishnan (@c2ktheotherartist) on

No comments: