Sunday, May 4, 2008

I have a nintendo Wii !

I picked up a Wii before leaving belgium.

the console came with Wii sports and a free copy of Donkey Kong Jet Race.
Along with the console, i picked up 3 games, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Nitro Bike. I also picked up an extra wii mote ,two nunchucks and a classic controller.

Later at the Charles De gaulle duty free i picked up the Wii fit kit.

My favorite game so far is the visually stunning(for a wii game) Metroid Prime game, but dont take my word for it, check out the screens




Beautiful isnt it. For a wii game to look this good is a pleasant surprise. The gameplay is addictive, and the little puzzle boor locking mechanisms and other things that let you use the wiimote's motion sensing abilities, make the game a must have for all wii owners.

Nitro bike, is good fun, but the visuals are muddy and kind of gloomy, i cant play this game for too long. The graphics are a bit too polygoney for my taste. Especially after oggling at meteroid prime.



The donkey kong game was ok, but the graphics are really rich, and a little too much for me. Most wii and ds peple who like mario and games like that will love it. I had fun when i played mario Kart at a friends place in paris. Generally i'm more into first person shooters, so i guess the reason i baught the wii was for the uniquely different gaming experience. Even if it has only a handful of the kind of games i like.

anyway the new starwars force unleashed game looks awesome, hope to get my hands on it soon.
check out the footage below

No comments: