Tuesday, June 18, 2013

NFC Shenanigans

so i discovered that my new phone is upposed to have NFC..

i have two things that have NFC circuitry in them -

1) a Delhi Metro Token i found in my suitcase after returning from a trip a month ago



2) my new Bangalore metro card





on receiving the phone i discovered that it couldn't read either of them..



so obviously the NFC on my device is not working.

on investigation i found that the NFC antenna is a sticker on the back cover..



and the problem is that the copper contacts for that are on the wrong side!



i tried fixing it myself(DIY) by using aluminium foil, copper wire etc..



but nothing worked..



so informed the seller.. they were apologetic and say they'll ship a replacement back cover soon . will post an update once that happens.



recently when my dad arrived in town i tried the metor token and card with his phone which is a Samsung galaxy S3.. it read both of them.. Android BEAM wouldn't work with my phone either.



NOTE: when i made the purchase i didn't even know that the phone had NFC.. it was a bit of a post-sale-surprise. so if it doesnt work.. i won't be too disappointed .



via Inaccessible is Accessible http://my.opera.com/chaitanyak/blog/show.dml/64318992

No comments: