So one recurring issue I have been having with my Ubuntu setup has been that my generic keyboard's LED backlight doesn't turn on on its own. If your having the same issue, here's my current fix:
In Terminal type:
xset led 3
Note: this doesn't appear to be permanent fix.. I need to do this every time I reboot.
Update: on 8Jul 2026
It was relatively simple to add this script to a list that runs on startup using the built-in manager.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Super key (Windows key) on your keyboard.
- Search for and open Startup Applications.
- Click the Add button on the right.
- Fill out the fields:
- Name: Give your startup item a custom title.
- Command: Paste the exact terminal command you want to run.
- Comment: (Optional) Add a brief description.
- Click Add to save it.

No comments:
Post a Comment